September 27, 2011

Why is it so hard?

   A couple of weekends ago I attended the BEST Ladies Retreat EVER. God really worked on my heart and my life. I came home with a totally renewed mindset and spirit and a fire to serve the Lord better. My prayer life is so much better (since before it was almost non existent!). I have more peace than I have ever known. I seem to be more content in knowing that God has my life in the palm of his hands and he can take care of all of my burdens. BUT....(isn't there always a BUT??).....

  Why is it soooooo hard for me to stay out of his way and let him work??? Ohhhh sometimes I feel like he isn't being fierce enough with his words and I have some doozies to scare those he is working on into repenting at once!!!!! And sometimes it feels like it is taking WAYYYYY too long for him to make some people pay for their sins....and since I know he has SOOOOOO many he is having to take care of at one time, well.... I could just help him out and show them bad sinners the evil of their ways. MAKE THEM PAY!!!!!!! Not for MY pleasure of seeing them get what's coming to them.....no no no....just helping the Lord out a bit.

  It all seems like a good idea at the time. I am the BEST at justifying my actions...but the Lord just doesn't seem to agree with my methods...nor does he appreciate my interfering. And to be totally honest....when I stick my nose in the Lord's business I usually get smacked pretty hard!!! Yep....he can spank HARDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

  It never fails though....I always know what my spanking is for. And after he is finished, he hugs me really tight and shows me how much he loves me. Yep....I hate the whippings but I sure do love the hugs!!! I have learned that God doesn't need my help with ANYTHING!!! He takes care of it all just fine. All I need to do is be ready to do my part....whatever that may be. Just be content to love him and love others.

  It may sound easy to some....but to an old stubborn southern girl like me.....you can hear me say many times.......WHY IS IT SO HARD??!!!!! HA HA HA

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Guess he doesn't need our help, Pam. Bummer. I have such good ideas! :)